. : s i e s t a : .

Saturday, June 14, 2008

CDH at 15

Today marks the 15th anniversary of Calamba Doctors’ Hospital, where I am currently working. As part of celebration, there were programs, games and other competitions.

We have a parade this morning as an opening. Even though I came from a night duty, from 10 PM to 9 AM, I still managed to attend and join the parade. With balloons, banners and respective color team shirts, the parade began around 8 PM. It’s too early, that’s why I haven’t had the chance to go home first. What we, other night duties, did is to take a few rests and take our breakfast on a near fast food. In spite of feeling drowsy and burned under the sun, I continued walking and finished the parade.

Afterwards, there was the symbolic ceremony of lighting a torch which marked the opening of the games/competition. Yup, just like in the Olympics. Haha!

Then, there was the cheer dance competition. There were five groups in all; the Red, Violet, Blue, Green, and Orange Team (my group). Proudly, our group with a nice costumes and momentous choreography won first place. Hep-hep, Orange!

I didn’t watch all today’s program because I have to go home and sleep. Anyway, there were parlor and relay games, volleyball, basketball, etc.

Feeling lazy, I didn’t join any contest. What’s important to me is that the hospital is giving us an increase in our salary (aside from the nationwide increase). Yes! Plus, our ICU was refurnished and repainted. And the new NICU and PICU are now open.

Addendum:

I was pulled out to have duty on PICU. I am one of the first nurses to use the newest PICU. And what a coincident, our first patient is also celebrating his “15th” birthday.

posted by arnie at 7:41 AM

6 Comments:

yeah, exciting nga dun sa area na yun.. buti naman pala at may salary increase na ipapaimplement ngayon.. deserve nyo yun.. :D

9:22 AM  

yup. nakakatuwang news talaga yang salary increase na yan.:D dagdag pamasahe man lang.:D

yup, tulad ng ICU, exciting din sa PICU. toxic din kung toxic.:))

6:40 PM  

Hi,

I'm Elmer and I work at pacificadvance.com, a company interested in blog advertizing. I found your blog arniepopo.blogspot.com engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back (elmer@pacificadvance.com) and I'll send you pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

Elmer
Pacificadvance.com

2:37 AM  

wow, galing naman!
pero ang bata naman niya para doon malagay na lugar sa hospital. :(

4:05 AM  

tama.. all work and no play makes nurses dull boys..

8:58 AM  

@ elmer,
Thank you. Please give some time.

@ kate,
hehe...ganon talaga. kaya nga sya tinawag na PICU e. "P"ICU means Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.;)

@ caleb,
tama ka. sayang kasi yung time mo...instead na magpakahirap ka sa mga ganon e, bakit di mo na lang ipagpahinga. hehe...

6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home