. : s i e s t a : .

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Adage

Kapag may sinuksok, may madudukot…
While I was ironing my scrub suit this morning, I noticed a bulky thing on its pocket. I thought it was just a shredded tissue paper which got wet and dried up from washing. I was surprised when I found out that it was a Php100 bill. Haha! My sister, who did the washing didn’t see it.

Kapag may pinukpok, may madudurog…
One of my patients this morning is lethargic and bedridden. She needed an NGT or nasogastric tube feeding . NGT is a tube inserted to the nostril, passing through the esophagus and ends to the stomach. NGT feeding is an artificial way of ingesting food/medicine for those patients who can't swallow. Tablets can’t pass through the NGT. For them to become powder-like or pulverized, you need to pound them first. We, nurses, use mortar and pestle to crush tablets. Unintentionally, I knocked one of my fingers while doing this. Ouch! It’s a good thing my precious nail didn’t die.

Kapag wala ang pusa, nagbubungkal ng pagkain ang mga daga…
Milk powder is commonly use for NGT feeding, which is the source of energy and nutrients for those who are bedridden. While I was preparing milk for my client, I was fascinated by its flavor. The milk’s can labeled, “Vanilla Flavor”. Out of curiosity, I and my co-staff planned to blend milk for ourselves. Haha! I did the mixing while she vigilantly looked for comers. We were so afraid we might get caught. We were just snooping on what it tastes like. And…yuck! We just threw it up.

Kapag may tiyaga, may nilaga…
I end up this day with a mollycoddle dinner with this very delicious bowl nilagang baboy. It’s an easy to cook Filipino food; boiled pork with vegetables. It’s a soupy kind of food dish that is good in any kind of weather. Yummy! I love nilaga.

Labels: , , , , , ,

posted by arnie at 7:21 AM

2 Comments:

@ the hudred peso bill: oo nga, nakakatuwa pag may ganyang eksena, lalo na pag u badly need it tapos ayun. hehe

@nilaga: yeah, favorite lalo na sa weather ngayon :D

3:09 AM  

oo nga, ang swerte ko. pero, akin talaga yung money na yun..buti nakuha ko pa rin.
hehe..
oh yeah! sarap ng nilaga.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home