. : s i e s t a : .

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Rain-love-fall

Yesterday’s morning was hazy. It was rainy season again. It was cold and so I started up my day with a minute stretching my extremities. Then, I quickly begin to do my cousin’s assignment for him. It’s a good thing I finished it early. Anyway, the assignment was to write a hundred medical terms. The instruction was to add prefixes and suffixes to it and then, define each. (Nurses out there can pretty much relate on what I’m talking…right?)

Speaking of Nurses, I heard from a friend (from his reliable source) that the reason why the result of the June 2007 Local Board Exam for Nurses is taking too long to come out is because there were mistakes upon checking it. The computerized checking was prerecorded as Test 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5, respectively instead of Test 1, 2, 3, 5 and 4. This is then the reason why there were so many applicants who didn’t make it for the Test 4 and 5 on the initial checking. So, as of now, what the Board of Nursing is doing is manually checking all the test papers. Wee! I wonder if they could ever make it, precisely.

Anyway, what I am really going to tell you about yesterday is that we met again. We had this chat on the afternoon about where are we going to meet and where are we going to. This time, she was the one who came over me instead of me picking her. Sweet. The plan was to meet a long time “no see” friend from Baguio, buy some cinnamon (her favorite), and watch the sunset on the bayside-- on my place. First destination is Abby’s house. She said they, her friends, will be meeting there. But when we’re near the place, cats and dogs started dropping from the sky. So, we moved to plan B. We cover under the roof of McDonald’s. There, we waited for her friend from Baguio, ate some donuts, and chewed fats with her friends.

The rain didn’t stop that afternoon. We have to go to a friend’s house, so, we walked under the same umbrella she brought. I thought hearts, not rain drops, were falling from the sky. And the sound of the rain as it touches the earth was like thud of piano being played. She knew I love that view of us. So, I drew her closer to my side as my arms casing her back and my hand clinging to her far shoulder. We walk as if we were on a haven of love…so safe and sound. And not being bothered by the noise of the ogres of the street.

Funny, she was craving for Calamares like a pregnant woman. But we cannot find food store to buy it. I hope she was not upset. Anyway, we still found cinnamon and ate it while we are on our way home.

I was displeased by the weather. It was rainy so we didn’t have the chance to watch the sunset. It was cloudy. (sigh) We have no choice but to go home. Anyway, I was satisfied by the time we’ve spent. It was still enough…or maybe too much, to make my day. I was right. She knocked me out again. The way she talk, the way she stare, and the way she smile…It really captures my heart.-- Making me so in love.

Addendum:

1. I was shocked last night when I found out that one of my distant relative is suffering from heart cancer. I hope He’ll ease his pain. I hope my prayers will help.

2. This afternoon, I said I was just going to rest for a while after I finished washing a week old soiled clothes but I fell deep asleep. I am glad it didn’t rain even though dark clouds covered the sky all day. All the washed clothes dried quickly.

3. It was my cousin JV’s birthday today. I had free meriendasopas and pancit.

4.I was watching Herbie winning the race on HBO this afternoon when suddenly I heard a loud cry. It was my Kuya. :O That was the first time I saw my oldest brother cried like that. (I mean, “at this age.” Because, of course, I saw him cried way back when we we’re just kids.) He shed tears as if it was the end of the world. REALLY! He was looking for my mom to comfort him. And I can’t stand to listen so I went for a shower pretending I was hearing nothing. When he finally talked to my mom, I heard that the reason why he’s in such loneliness is that his girlfriend is moving. Tomorrow, his girlfriend will go back to her home town somewhere in South/Mindanao. Now I know why he set up an overnight swimming on a resort last night. A farewell party maybe. My mom is good in handling this kind of matter. So, she gave him piece of advice and comforted him. I felt sad for my brother. I think she truly love the girl.
posted by arnie at 3:59 AM

4 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:00 PM  

Eto na nman ako, magcocomment na nman.. :))

"I thought hearts, not rain drops, were falling from the sky. And the sound of the rain as it touches the earth was like thud of piano being played. She knew I love that view of us. So, I drew her closer to my side as my arms casing her back and my hand clinging to her far shoulder. We walk as if I were on a haven of love…so safe and sound. And not being bothered by the noise of the ogres of the street."

Hayy, I wonder how love can make such strong and powerful statements as these. :) Para kang libro ng poetry. (which is a good thing). Nakakakilig.. susubaybayan ko na nga ang love story niyo. Hahah ;P

"I was right. She knocked me out again."

AWWW lang masasabi ko. :P

3:01 PM  

happy birthday cousin JV! haha feeling close!

n yeah kabaro nga, i so can dig the assignment n ginawa mo. for funda ryt? mga +ology, +oscopy, +megaly n more... damn! i miss school!!! haha

yeah n like andreia natutuwa din akong subaybayan ang love story nyo. i mean not all guys blog about their gf's. cute n nakakakilig lang! yiheee!

m sure d naman sya nagalit dahil walang calamares...

nyway, best of luck for the both of you n gudluck wd the nle results! tama c kc, andame ngang chismax kng bakit bulilyaso yan but it's not as if bago naman, lumang tugtugin na...

u have my prayers!

12:42 AM  

andreia, thanks sa pagsubaybay.:)
Hayy, I wonder how love can make such strong and powerful statements as these.<---ewan ko ba. ganito lang talaga siguro pag in love. i'm sure ganyan ka rin pag in love ka.;)

cory, thanks daw sabi ni JV. haha!
kabaro, you got it. pero, assignment daw yun sa ana and physio. nakakatuwang malaman na napapakilig ko pala ang readers. salamat sa pagbabasa.;)
calamares? di naman, kasi may calamares pa lang naghihintay sa kanya sa bahay.
haay, sistema talaga dito sa pinas. :(
salamat sa prayers.

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home