. : s i e s t a : .

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me

Yup, today is my birthday. And I am getting older. Sigh.

June 19, 2008 is Dr. Jose Rizal’s birthday too, our national hero. And because Rizal was born here in our own town, Calamba (which is now a city), there’s always a big celebration held at his house which is a tourist attraction. I remember last year, we went there; tried to join the big crowd and watched. But our patient was too short that we decided to go to other places because it was too hot and earsplitting.

June 19 is also Laguna Day, our province day. It’s always been a holiday; means, no classes, no works, no offices. That’s why, unlike others, I never celebrated my birthday in school.

Aside from me and Rizal, there are also few friends of mine whose celebrating their birthday today. They are Jonn (my bible study mate), Gene (my co-worker), Jason and Ate Itchy (which are my former classmates). I know there’re many more birthday celebrants out there aside from us. So, happy birthday too!

I thank those who telephoned and sent me SMS, IMs, and emails just to greet me. Thank you for remembering my birthday. How thoughtful and touching.

Thank you God for giving me another fruitful and meaningful year! Thank you for this challenging and yet wonderful life you are conferring. I’ll treasure this gift, life, you gave me and do my best to live the way you wanted.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by arnie at 7:05 PM

8 Comments:

happy birthday to you my friend...how young are we now?*wink* wish u to have more awesome bday to come...

10:42 PM  

happy birthday bro.

10:53 PM  

@ nice,
i just turned 22. thank you for your wish.:D

@ h18,
thanks for droppin' by.
thank you.

3:16 AM  

happy birthday! XD
tinext ka nga raw pala ni mommy. XD

8:02 AM  

happy birthday :D

8:05 AM  

@ kate,
yup, ni-text nya ako. salamat din sa kanya.:D

@ danieljr,
maraming salamat.:D

9:32 PM  

oops.. belated happy birthday po! how was it? :)

4:40 PM  

i am just a day older than you bro! ahaha.

belated happy birthday. better late than pregnant. :D

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home