. : s i e s t a : .

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Fiesta

It's my day off. Many barangays/barios are celebrating their fiestas, birthday of their Patrons, today. I was invited by my workmates to come by their houses, eat foods, and drink. But I was avoiding this kind of gatherings for I know that there'll be inuman, alcoholic drinks. Contraindicated.

Anyway, I already said “yes” for this date to someone before their invites. I already promised Kate to go with her on Icey's crib. They're celebrating fiesta too; and I was invited. The plan was to go there before lunch. But Kate, just took her breakfast by 12 noon; and so, we went there after lunch. She waited for me at the meeting place, BK.

I think it's almost 2pm when we got to Icey's place. We grab some plates. Early bird catches the early worm. Thus, there were only few foods left for us 'cause we're late. There were old time favorite foods for fiesta like hamonado, kaldereta, lumpiang shanghai, phochero...and the popular lechong ulo ng baboy na may mansanas sa bibig, which looks so scary and we didn't pay much attention with.

It's a common senario in a fiesta that you eat on a chair with just your plate, without any table at all. It's like eating with your prominent hand holding a spoon and your other hand holding/supporting your plate. So, it is not advisable for you to get a fork for it will be useless. Trust me. Why?

Commercial:

I was chewing delightfully my food before I swallow it. Making me taste all the sweet juices of the meat. Hmmm...Yummy. And when I was in the climax of my course, when I was about to take another bite, I accidentally knocked my fork. And oh no! My food dropped to my lap. Worse, I don't have napkin on my lap. It's a good thing there were just tiny dish sauce marks on my shirt and that my pants were black. Yes! The stains are hardly visible to naked eye. I felt so embarrassed. Many had seen. Thanks to my seat mate, he gave some tissue papers to clean up my mess.

Back To The Show:

Again, there were endless chit-chats with friends. There was a KTV to keep those bored people entertained.

About 4pm, there was again another serving of foods. Spaghetti, colorful putos, and iced tea. Ok. Spaghetti looks scary. So, this time I carefully managed to eat 'em all without any tiny drop on my lap. Yes. But then, no more iced tea left for me. Kate gave me her ¼ filled glass of tea. After I drunk it, here comes another pitcher of iced tea. It was so annoying.

I grabbed the microphone. I sang twice. First was the song Your Love by Rivermaya. It was just a warm up. Then, I sang You're My You by Nyoy Volante. I think it was good enough. I earned lots of claps/applause.

Next Stop Over:

We went to Celine's crib. There, we met Abie who just got from school for her summer class.

Same thing happened. We ate. But this time it's dessert. Another popular handa was served; buko-fruit-salad. Then, we chewed some fats again (means chat). This time, instead of a KTV, we watch a movie. Although I'd already seen John Tucker Must Die movie, I was still amused. Then I thought, I missed that view...watching movies with Kate.

When we were about to go home, we heard fireworks. So, we looked up at the sky. Wow! There are awesome fireworks display. And so, we keep our attention to it for a period of time. We forgot the idea of going home and stayed for a while.

Before We Separate:

Since this afternoon, Kate and I were craving for ice cream. And so, I didn't let us get away without any before we separate. We stopped by 711, a convenient store where we usually go. Our first delight was double dutch. Hmmm...Yummy! We're not satisfied by just one, so, we got another one. This time it's cheese flavored. I really love eating ice cream especially when you are with someone.

Addendum:

Kate went home with rocky road flavored ice cream.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by arnie at 9:40 AM

3 Comments:

uy, dito, invite kita for august's Fruit festival, hehehe... bago ang din ako rito :)

4:12 PM  

august's fruit festival! wow! sounds delicious..saan yan?:D

9:01 PM  

wow, too much of a detail in your blog..;)
ako tinatamad na. haha. ang konti ng post ko. XP

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home