. : s i e s t a : .

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Instances

It was raining hard when I went to work. Since my uniform, scrub suit, is all white, I decided not to wear them first. I went to the hospital wearing just a shirt, short pants and slippers because I don’t want my uniform to get wet and have stains all over.

While riding on a tricycle, I accidentally dropped my wallet. I am so lucky I’d noticed it. I asked the driver to turn over so I could pick it up. Of course, it got wet…including the peso bills. I have no coins; shamefully, I have to pay the driver with my wet money. >,<

That afternoon, I heard the news that there was a robbery that took over on a bank near our town. All 9 employees were killed. It was almost noon time when the crime was recognized. It was only when someone strangely noticed why the bank is still close and crashed the door and found out. The bank lost millions; while their customers' accounts were transferred to a near branch.

Meanwhile, a patient's watcher approached me at the nurse station. She's an old lady and the patient is her husband. She gave me a jar of peanuts. I refused to take it but she insisted. I shared it to my co-nurses. We ate it. Few minutes later, there she goes again. This time, she gave us a big plastic bag of fruits. There were 2 stalks of grapes, 5 apples and 3 pears. The patient was about to be discharge. Maybe that's why she's giving us all their food. Minutes later, she came again. She brought us three Jobee Burger with TLC and a liter of apple juice. It was our lucky day. We needed not to buy meals anymore...all free.

Going home, I was with my OR nurse friend on a jeepney. I noticed his new phone. It's an iPhone. I curiously asked him how much he bought it. He said a surgeon sold it to him for only Php10,000. Wow! That's more than 50% discount. Although it's slightly used, the price is not bad for an 8Gb US model iPhone. And the phone is still in good-looking new.
I wish to have one. Sigh.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by arnie at 8:53 PM

4 Comments:

must be your luck day :D, bka appreciative lang talaga yung bantay, and siguro factor na rin yung MGH na sila.. haha.. :D

5:10 AM  

so taga cabuyao ka? :D at lalaki pala si arnie. akala ko babae ka noong nagcomment ka sa blog ko. :D

yung iPhone later this year pa lalabas. at ang Globe ang official network carrier. :D

8:47 AM  

@ daniel jr:
yup! akalain mo, naka-free meal kami. actually, sabi nya,nagpapasalamat lang daw sya dahil sa service namin. Naks! Natuwa kami. Pero, factor pa rin talaga na MGH na sila. Madalas sila magpakain pag MGH na e...parang despidida, lalo na kung matagal nag-stay sa hospital.

8:46 PM  

@ King:
hindi. sa calamba ako. malapit lang sa cabuyao, ikaw ba? oo nga e, pambabae ang name ko. Pinagsamang name kasi yun ng mom and dad ko. (pero, natutuwa ako at may mga nakilala ako na Arnie din name, at lalaki din sila. di ako nag-iisa. haha!)

buti, Globe ang napili nila. yun nga e, galing pang US yung iPhone.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home