. : s i e s t a : .

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flooded Mobile

Being bothered by the noisy wind, I plugged the headset on my mobile phone and listened to music.

I was very worried about the storm yesterday. I was on the hospital; having my 10pm-6am duty. The wind was so strong that the door keeps on wobbling. I saw on the glass window how the wind bends trees and the rain flooded the road.

Many staffs had called and informed the supervisors that they won’t be able to go to work due to the bad weather. I was very anxious because I may work overtime or have straight duty due to understaffing. I’m glad it didn’t happen. The next ICU nurse on duty that day came in spite of the bad weather. After the endorsement, I hurriedly went out and prepare my umbrella. There are seldom jeepneys passing by and so I waited long for a ride.

After long minutes, a jeepney stopped. Because the rain was too heavy, I ran fast under my umbrella so I won’t get awfully wet. But as I was running, my new cell phone slept out of my pocket. Oh no! It fell and was dragged by the outpouring ground. I tried to catch it but the water current was too strong. So quick, it disappeared.

I felt miserable. Who wouldn’t? It was a birthday gift from my mom. I only used that phone for 5 days…and now, it’s gone. I am so STUPID.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by arnie at 9:17 PM

12 Comments:

nahulog dun sa river? o.o

12:48 AM  

aw... sayang

hindi ako nagdadala ng fone kapag duty. bawal daw (pero kapag CI pwede. bat kaya ganun?) hehe. peace!

2:46 AM  

aww naman.. too bad. im sure may kapalit yan, sa ibang paraan nga lang :D

5:13 AM  

@ kate,
hindi, nahulog lang sya sa may pampang..at ayun dinala ng malakas na alon. haay...:( di ko man lang nakuha. (kahit yung sim card na lang magamit...pero, wala na talaga.)

@ chao,
yup, malas ko.:(
ako din, di na nagdadala ng cellphone mula ngayon. (kasi walang dadalhin..hehe!) pede naman magdala ng cellphone..ask mo pa sa CI mo.;)
basta, bawal gamitin during duty hours.:D

@ daniel,
sana nga may kapalit.:D kahit sa ibang paraan na lang...:D salamat.

9:34 AM  

sorry about ur phone arn,that was awfully unlucky.well,im sure you'll get better phone soon..but sad to say 'twas ur bday present from ur mom.hmmm,so so sorry about that...

1:13 PM  

Waaaaaaaa!! Sayang sayang sayang. ako nanghihinayang sa phone mo... =( sayang ulit. huhu... =(

3:08 PM  

aw..
i felt sad for u.=(
sana palitan ulit ng mom mo..hehe.

6:41 PM  

sad... but you can always have one if you work for it! Working from previous shift to the next shift is a hard task to bear, I've experienced this when I was on my 2nd year (DR Rotation) and it was hard, honestly.. You couldn't bear the stress and the kulang sa tulog factor. Yun, maraming IRs because maraming nagkamali... I guess we're only humans, born to make mistakes. hehe... ICU nurse, wow... I'm scared of being in the ICU, kasi ang mahal2x ng mga gamot, baka mabasag ko. hehehe... Nice site by the way..

7:44 PM  

maybe you'll have a new unit soon. Belated hapi bday ulit. :)

8:56 PM  

yes sir, bawal nga tuwing duty hours. :D pero ang sabi nila, bawal daw kasi may mga klepto, et. al. hehehe

4:45 AM  

@ nice,
yeah..that's why i felt awfully low.:( i may have better phone but nothing can replace its sentimental value.

@ tentay,
salamat sa pakiki-simpatya mo. nakakapanghinayang talaga.:(

@ churvah,
sana nga..bigyan na lang niya ako ulit. hehe! pero, nakakahiya talaga sa kanya.

@ janus,
tama ka..yun ang mahirap sa straight duty..pagod ka na, prone ka pa sa mga clinical errors..IRs!:( pero, hindi pa naman ako nagka-IR.
noong student pa lang ako, sabi ko ayoko sa ICU, pero, dun din ako napadpad. hehe...
salamat sa compliment.:D

@ aethen,
oo nga..sana magkabagong unit kaagad...ASAP. hehe.. sa ngayon, tiis muna ako sa old phone ko.:(
salamat.:)

@ chao,
bwahahaha! klepto pala ang dapat iwasan. precaution na lang para di mawalan ng phone.;)

8:20 AM  

sayang!

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home