. : s i e s t a : .

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wait…Timeout!

Last week, I was pulled-out to ward due to understaffing. The last time I have my duty to ward was long time ago. From only three patients in ICU, I was back to handling 10 patients. Honestly, I missed having my duty in the ward because there, I am free. I can go to any hospital departments and relate with my co-staff nurses unlike in ICU where I am always locked inside and alone.

During this duty, I had an admission. It was a hypertensive patient with a difficult and demanding watcher/relative. (Nurses, it’s a toxic wife.) The patient’s wife keeps on asking me to come over with lots of questions and requests. I accentuate to her that they are confined in the ward and that I can’t give much attention to her patient. I make cleared that I have plenty of patients and that I have to prioritize them. And still, I told them I will do my best to attend their needs.

On that evening duty, this wife keeps on asking me to bed bath her “ambulatory” husband. I told them I can assist them after I am done with my routines. Watchers here in Philippines usually do the bed bath for their patients and nurses assist them. But this wife, she wanted only me to do it all. And so when his husband purged, she called me and told me to clean him. Though there were caregivers, I did all the cleaning. Good thing the patient is cooperative unlike her wife. I told him to clean his ass while I was assisting him with the soap, water and things. Even though I was wearing a thick mask, his sh*t was very smelly.

And just yesterday, I was pulled out again. And guess what, I handled this patient again. Good thing they are already for discharge. They are not as demanding as before. Yes, Lucky me!

After I gave them the home medication instructions, they thanked me for the service I rendered. They apologized for being too demanding and gave me an endowment. It was a pack of 16 treat size Cadbury Chocolate TimeOut. I refused to receive it but since they insisted, I accepted it. Haha! Happy.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

posted by arnie at 5:06 AM

18 Comments:

wow! sweet bribery huh. ;)

masama ang tumanggi sa grasya kaya ok lang yan! ;)

5:56 AM  

penge naman... hehehe...salamat sa pagdaan

6:04 AM  

kahit dito ganyan din, pag under staffing ang ward. pinu pull out kami, lalo na pag walang pasyente :)

masanay ka na dito we're cleaning shit without mask! grabe! nung una nakakasuka, ngayon sanay na :)

2:57 PM  

masarap ang cadbury. Miss ko narin ang mga chocolate na bigay ng mga patient ko. lalo na ang...Dirham hehehe

3:13 PM  

@ vanny,
oo nga...kunwari pa daw ako na ayaw tanggapin. hehe!syempre "hiya effect" muna..hahahaha!

@ talambuhay,
sure! punta ka dito..bigyan kitang isa. hehe!

@ shiela,
uso din pala diyan ang pull out.:O
actually, sa icu, ako talaga naglilinis ng mga dumi nila..kasi nga ilan lang silang patients ko..pero, pag sa ward, hirap...lalo na pag madaming patients.

@ hachi,
yup, isa sa mga favorite kong choco..
wow! sa dubai ka ba? pengeng pachi.:D hehe...

4:14 PM  

kawawa ka naman arn,hindi talaga pala ako pwedi sa work mo eh baka mabanatan ko agad ang bunganga sa pangit na babae na yan.hehe.mabuti naman sa wakas tinanggap mo ang gift nila atleast mabawasan yong guilt ba. sa sunod pag ganyan upakan muna,heheh joke lang po...

4:49 PM  

ay naku!


JOB CALL yan... na miss mong mag trabaho sa ward dba? ayan, binuhusan ka nang grasya sa ward...bad thing, may demanding wife pa pla...hehehe

oi! may na tira pa sa tsokolets mo? hehehe

happy monday!

7:02 PM  

Mahirap maging nurse no? hay. Pero kahit ganu kahirap kung ina-appreciate yung mga ginagawa mo, nawawala ang pagod. time-out muna at pa-share ng cadbury choco mo.

9:28 PM  

wow, chocolate! I was craving for sweets again! haha..

yey for gonuts donuts at walter! XD

5:56 AM  

--

waw penge naman

hakhak

elyens

XXXxx

6:06 AM  

swerte mo nk-mask k p! D2 s Uk di uso yan, no choice kundi langhapin mo lhat ng 'Napakabangong amoy nila. At marami ding demanding n relatives d2! mp-ICU man o mp-ward, khit nsa tabi n cla ng pasyente tatawagin k p nila pra subuan lng o painumin ng tea. mga addict nga pla mga tao d2 s tea!!!m

4:50 PM  

kung deserving sa ibinigay wag tatangihan. =)

teka time out ba yan?


natulala ako. ohmaygulay yan ang ultimate chocolate ko pinaglalawayan ngayon!! pahingeee!

4:52 PM  

uy, 16 treat-size kadburi sokoleyt.
penge. :D

4:01 AM  

you must've been really patient with them to make them realize they were too demanding. :) share ka naman!

7:45 AM  

Halow :) droppin' by to read some, nakakagutom yung time out, hehe.

3:43 AM  

lol.. sosyal, at least cadbury.. nung student nurse pa ako, binibigay sa amin eh dozen chicken eggs.

3:47 AM  

wow naman! penge ako!! hahahaha

8:00 AM  

reactions:

1. OMG! ambulatory na nagpapabed bath?! swerte niya ah! and its a good thing you're a nice nurse. =) and its a good thing you set a limit to their demands.

2. thick mask. i know what you mean. T_T very.

3. patients for discharge. i love it! ng students pa kami, syempre nicey nice kami so we do EVERYTHING for them. by the time they're discharged they give us their leftover fruits (laging banana), may nagbigay pa nga ng bibingka eh haha.

4. i'll get to be rotated soon coz i just PASSED. RN na akO! woohoO!

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home